Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pope Francis

I know I may be a little late to make my comments on his election as the new pope, but I still think that it is necessary for me to voice my opinion. As it turns out, it seems to me that pope Francis is trying to create a new more modest style within the Church. What I mean by this is that pope Francis wants to take some of his previous ways from Argentina to Vatican City. When pope Francis preached in Argentina, he decided to live frugally, and take the bus to the cathedral. He took these ideas to the Vatican, and declined the glorious papal apartments. It seems most likely that there is more to come from this. All in all, I believe that nothing but good can come from these small changes.
image of the papal appartments, found here

No comments:

Post a Comment